Current:Home > MarketsEthermac Exchange-John Galliano out at Maison Margiela, capping year of fashion designer musical chairs -Wealth Nexus Pro
Ethermac Exchange-John Galliano out at Maison Margiela, capping year of fashion designer musical chairs
SafeX Pro Exchange View
Date:2025-04-06 15:25:11
It's been the year of musical chairs in the fashion industry,Ethermac Exchange and now, John Galliano is leaving his longtime home at Maison Margiela.
In an interview with Women's Wear Daily published Wednesday, Galliano confirmed his exit from the French luxury fashion house.
"As we are parting ways with this beautiful house, my heart overflows with joyous gratitude, and my soul smiles so I want to take this time to express it. I continue to atone, and I will never stop dreaming," Galliano told WWD.
He continued: "In inviting me to assume the position of artistic director in the house that Martin (Margiela) built, he gave me the greatest, most precious gift: The opportunity to once again find my creative voice when I had become voiceless."
The comments were made in reference to his infamous 2011 ouster from Christian Dior after a video surfaced of a 2011 rant at a Paris bar, where he made comments considered racist and antisemitic. That year, he was found guilty for two hate crimes. It followed a separate, similar incident at the same bar in 2010 a year earlier.
Need a break?Play the USA TODAY Daily Crossword Puzzle.
But in 2014, Galliano made a career comeback at Margiela.
"Being brave enough to unlearn, to re-educate ourselves from the past – for it is societally learnt – to share, empathize, and practice compassion," he added.
Galliano continued, praising Margiela parent company president Renzo Russo who he said "took a risk" and gave him "a second chance," telling WWD that his hiring "told the fashion industry that it is at its best when we collectively support each other, not judge; when we accept, forgive, and help one another see the error of our ways."
Alessandro Michele named new creativedirector of Valentino after Gucci departure
Earlier this year, ex-Gucci head Alessandro Michele got back in his creative director bag, this time at Valentino, following Pier Paolo Piccioli's exit.
"Maison Valentino is honored to announce today the appointment of Alessandro Michele as Creative Director," the brand announced in a statement shared to social media at the time. "This appointment marks the beginning of a new journey to continue shining unique values of the brand, its heritage and couture codes in the world through Alessandro Michele’s unique perspective and wealth of experience."
Michele called the appointment "an incredible honor," adding, "I feel the immense joy and the huge responsibility to join a Maison de Couture that has the word 'beauty' carved on a collective story, made of distinctive elegance, refinement and extreme grace."
Chanel is also facing a shakeup as fashion onlookers await the naming of a new fashion creative director. WWD reported last month that Matthieu Blazy, the Bottega Veneta creative director, is a frontrunner for the brand's top spot.
Contributing: Brendan Morrow
Disclaimer: The copyright of this article belongs to the original author. Reposting this article is solely for the purpose of information dissemination and does not constitute any investment advice. If there is any infringement, please contact us immediately. We will make corrections or deletions as necessary. Thank you.
veryGood! (7829)
Related
- How to watch new prequel series 'Dexter: Original Sin': Premiere date, cast, streaming
- Inflation ticked up in October, CPI report shows. What happens next with interest rates?
- Nevada trial set for ‘Dances with Wolves’ actor in newly-revived sex abuse case
- Avril Lavigne’s Ex Mod Sun Is Dating Love Is Blind Star Brittany Wisniewski, Debuts Romance With a Kiss
- IRS recovers $4.7 billion in back taxes and braces for cuts with Trump and GOP in power
- 2025 NFL mock draft: QBs Shedeur Sanders, Cam Ward crack top five
- Pedro Pascal's Sister Lux Pascal Debuts Daring Slit on Red Carpet at Gladiator II Premiere
- Zendaya Shares When She Feels Extra Safe With Boyfriend Tom Holland
- 'Malcolm in the Middle’ to return with new episodes featuring Frankie Muniz
- Mega Millions winning numbers for November 12 drawing: Jackpot rises to $361 million
Ranking
- Whoopi Goldberg is delightfully vile as Miss Hannigan in ‘Annie’ stage return
- Amazon launches an online discount storefront to better compete with Shein and Temu
- Alexandra Daddario shares first postpartum photo of baby: 'Women's bodies are amazing'
- What do nails have to say about your health? Experts answer your FAQs.
- Nearly half of US teens are online ‘constantly,’ Pew report finds
- Mike Tyson vs. Jake Paul VIP fight package costs a whopping $2M. Here's who bought it.
- Missouri prosecutor says he won’t charge Nelly after an August drug arrest
- McDonald's Version: New Bestie Bundle meals celebrate Swiftie friendship bracelets
Recommendation
Meet first time Grammy nominee Charley Crockett
The View's Sara Haines Walks Off After Whoopi Goldberg's NSFW Confession
Get $103 Worth of Tatcha Skincare for $43.98 + 70% Off Flash Deals on Elemis, Josie Maran & More
Just Eat Takeaway sells Grubhub for $650 million, just 3 years after buying the app for $7.3 billion
FACT FOCUS: Inspector general’s Jan. 6 report misrepresented as proof of FBI setup
DWTS’ Ilona Maher and Alan Bersten Have the Best Reaction to Fans Hoping for a Romance
Get well, Pop. The Spurs are in great hands until your return
Prosecutor failed to show that Musk’s $1M-a-day sweepstakes was an illegal lottery, judge says